Zero Energy Aviation, LLC was formed in 2009 as a Medical Transport Network service provider and to enhance its relationship with Zero Energy LLC, builder. Zero Energy, LLC has provided general contracting services since 1981 and is a lead award winning developer and builder of sustainable Grid Zero residential and commercial projects. Providing professional engineering services in the design, distributing and integrating of Renewable Energy systems for “Smart” project development.
About Zero Energy Aviation
Zero Energy Aviation, LLC
Who We Are
Zero Energy Aviation LLC was formed in 2009 as a Medical Transport Network service provider and to enhance its relationship with Zero Energy LLC, builder. Zero Energy, LLC. has provided general contracting services since 1981 and is a lead award winning developer/builder of sustainable Grid Zero residential and commercial projects. Providing professional engineering services in the design, distributing and integrating of Renewable Energy systems for “Smart” project development.
What We Do
The proposed business operations are to develop raw land design and build a “Grid Zero” multi-use aircraft hangers for both CAT-I and CAT-II executive aircraft and provide leasing for smaller single engine aircraft’s and Helios aircraft at the Boulder Municipal Airport.The existing Airport Master Plan dated in 2007 has identified a significant need to provide modern aircraft storage hangars for local and transient executive aircraft traffic that requires larger hanger spaces and professional signature aircraft FBO services. The 2007 Master Plan identifies the development of aircraft hangars require a private independent developer/builder. Because the Master Plan was accepted and approved by the City of Boulder and the FAA as an update of the original PUD, therefore no further planning, zoning or SPR/site plan reviews are required to prepare building plans for this project.
One of the key elements of this project is that few if any building contractors build energy efficient, Grid Zero buildings from the ground up. The advanced technology and experience that has been developed by Zero Energy LLC. Providing “Smart” raw land development in concert with building Grid Zero structures will be transferred to the construction of the new executive hangars. As a result, there are no known competitors building in this same manner. This is especially true because the integral design of the structures results in an estimated 190 years of life. This lifecycle factor provides the Boulder Municipal Airport a major upside after the 30-year ground lease for the new buildings and makes our approach desirable from the Airport’s overall Master Plan perspective.
Founder of Zero Energy Aviation, LLC
Capt. Davide Picard has been the primary force behind Zero Energy LLC, providing award winning designs, Professional engineering and the implementation of spectacular Grid Zero custom luxury mountain homes, including Commercial and Industrial Renewable Energy development Projects. Capt. Davide Picard holds all pertinent commercial contracting licenses and insurances, He also is a aircraft owner and Senior ATP Commercial Pilot for over 45 years and has been based at and involved with the Boulder Municipal Airport, KBDU during that period. He is well versed in the airport operations and has a good relationship with the management of the Boulder Municipal Airport.
Zero Energy Aviation, LLC
Owner of Flatirons Surveying, a locally know raw land planner, providing Technical Documents, geotechnical engineering and research, pavement design, soils reports and documentation, site drainage and erosion control designs, utility design, Fire suppression utility design services.
Owner of Boulder Land Consultants, providing surveying and GPS point locations.
Of GEBAU Structural Engineering Consultants, structural analysis and design services.
Of Jazz Architecture, is responsible for the Architectural Design services, project development plan documents, including City of Boulder building permitting submittals, conceptual design and general project management services.
Zero Energy Aviation, LLC
Developing and building cost efficient, grid zero, executive, maintenance and storage hangars that will provide high quality professional amenities and services to the City’s thriving aviation businesses and customers for not only the land lease period of 30 years, but well into the future.
- Transporting Passengers by aircraft for hire. (Including medical transport)Providing flight instruction for hire.
- Transporting parcels and freight for hire.
- Renting / Leasing aircraft.
- Renting / Leasing hanger space for storage of aircraft.
- Servicing, repairing, rebuilding or remodeling aircraft for hire.
- Selling aircraft, aircraft parts, or aircraft accessories.
- Selling aviation related supplies.
- Management services for the leasing of the executive hanger and standard hanger
- Design, engineering and development of custom executive office space for aircraft
- Helipad leasing, Helicopter S&R, Re-Con, Restricted and medical transport
- Provide solar energy electricity w/battery back-up power, available to (FEMA disaster relief).
- Provide low voltage LED lighting systems.
- Provide solar thermal energy for hanger heating Systems.
- Provide geo-thermal HRV ventilation systems for hanger environment control and
- Provide infrared aircraft pre-heating for executive hangers.
- Solar Bird Bath aircraft washing and detailing.
- Solar design, engineering and development of electric powered vehicles.
- Electric vehicle rentals for executive aircraft patrons.
- Solar charging stations for electric aircraft and vehicles.
- Captain Picard’s pilot lounge for transient executive pilots and family members.